A Ghostly Tour of Filmland
by Laurie Jacobson and Marc Wanamaker
Hollywood's citizenry has always leaned toward the dramatic, the
sensational . . . and its ghosts are no exception.
In HOLLYWOOD HAUNTED: A Ghostly Tour of Filmland, over
100 years of Hollywood history unfolds as Hollywood historian and
author Laurie Jacobson takes you to the oldest studios and hotels, the
most glamorous theatres and nightspots and beautiful homes from Beverly
Hills to Hollywood with captivating stories of celebrities who have
seen ghosts. And of celebrities who are ghosts. Consider:
Rich with Hollywood history, HOLLYWOOD HAUNTED matches
Jacobson's well-researched tales with vintage black-and-white
photographs from Wanamaker's renowned Bison Archives collection of
vintage Hollywood photographs.
- Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift are still seen in one
of their favorite former haunts.
- The late Sam Kinison was heckled by ghosts at the Comedy
- Lon Chaney still roams Universal Studios.
- The amorous ghost of Ozzie Nelson proves there is sex after
- Terrified guests at the Holly Mont house were chased by a
knife-embedded cabbage and by books flapping like birds.
- Bela Lugosi took a final bow at his own funeral.
- Howard Hughes still works in his former office near
Hollywood and Vine.
". . . the stars' quests for fame and notoriety is
-- Bob Tourtellotte, Reuters
". . . gets the blood flowing."
-- Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
Click on cover
to see larger version
95 rare photographs
[Home] [Titles] [Excerpts] [Order]
Angel City Press